DR. FIAZ AHMAD CHAUDHRY (MD NTDC)
Dr. Fiaz Ahmad Chaudhry has taken over the charge of Managing Director, National Transmission & Despatch Company (NTDC) on 15 July 2016. Dr. Chaudhry was appointed by the NTDC Board of Directors with the concurrence of Government of Pakistan on June 30, 2016.
Dr. Fiaz Ahmad Chaudhry is an Electrical Engineer by profession with over 31 years of experience in Power Sector in National and International utility/consulting industry including WAPDA, SCECO-East, Acres International / Hatch Ltd. He possesses BS.c, MS.c and PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering from UET Lahore, IIT, Chicago, IL, USA and Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA respectively. Besides, he attended many management and technical courses from renowned institutions like Strategic Management, Leadership, Project Management, Decision Making and Problem Solving, Managing employee's performance, Team Working and Multi-skilling, Middle Management Program, Total quality Management, Safety, etc. and many technical courses.
His expertise includes; Corporate Management, Power System Expansion Planning, Functional and Technical Specifications for electrical facilities, Secure Power System Operation, Project Management and HVDC/FACTS.
He also possesses profound experience in working with consultants, utility boards, government and International Funding Agencies for developing and implementing long-term power infrastructure projects. He managed projects around the globe including Canada, USA, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, New Caledonia, Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, Uganda and Pakistan.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORYHatch Ltd. / Acres International, Mississauga, Canada (Over 10,000 employees)
• Manager, Power System Planning, Power Delivery & Integration (formerly T&D) (2005-July 2016)
• Lead Engineer, Network Performance and Planning, Transmission & Distribution (T&D) (2000-2005) Saudi Consolidated Electric Company (SCECO East), Systems Planning Department, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
• Division Manager / Head Engineer, Demand Forecasting & Generation Planning Division 1998-2000
• Senior Engineer, Bulk Transmission Planning and Special Studies Division 1996-1998 Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), Lahore, Pakistan
• Deputy Director, Primary Transmission Planning & System Studies 1993-1996
• Assistant Director, Primary Transmission Planning & System Studies 1991-1992 University of Engineering & Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering, Lahore, Pakistan
• Adjunct Professor/ Examiner (Part-time, while employed at WAPDA) 1992-1996
• Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, USA, and Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN USA Graduate Student, Research and Teaching Assistant 1987-1991 WAPDA, Lahore, Pakistan
• Junior Engineer, Thermal (Design Department) 1985-1986 Siemens Pakistan Engineering Co. Ltd., Lahore, Pakistan • Trainee Engineer, Sales 1985
OTHER RELATED LINKSCompany Profile
IT Steering Committee